Geriatric Psychiatry You Can Trust
Our Golden Care Program is designed to help seniors who sometimes need special care to assist them in coping with changes in their life such as the loss of a loved one, a serious illness, physical changes and/or the absence of friends and family.
Golden Care is a 12 -bed inpatient unit located inside the hospital. Our team of health care professionals are dedicated to patients with behavioral health needs and take a personal interest in each patient’s optimum outcome. Every patient has an individual treatment plan using a comprehensive mix of therapies and family involvement and education is considered an integral part of the treatment program.
We provide daily reports to family members ad weekly progress reports to referral sources.
Geriatric Psychiatry Program Admission Criteria
A comprehensive psychiatric evaluation will be done to help determine the cause of the behavioral and mental changes.
- Age 65 and above
- Evidence of danger to self or others, or out of touch with reality
- Medically stable
- Voluntary, willing to sign-in
- Involuntary, requires court involvement
- Psychiatrist acceptance of patient
- Referrals are accepted 24-hours a day, 7 days a week
- Feelings of loneliness, isolation & withdrawal
- Feelings of helplessness & despair
- Feelings of grief & loss
- Agitation & behavior problems
- Tearfulness/crying spells
- Excessive worry & anxiety
- Confusion, memory loss
- Individual, group and family therapy
- Therapeutic recreation
- Physician oversight
- Family involvement
- Patient education
- Individualized team conferences
- 24-hour access to an acute care facility