With 36 Hospitals Nationally Including Wadley Regional Medical Center at Hope, Steward Becomes the Largest Private Hospital Operator in the U.S.
Steward Health Care System LLC (Steward) has completed a previously announced agreement to merge operations with IASIS Healthcare LLC (IASIS). As the sole operator of the newly merged company, Steward will oversee 36 individual hospitals across ten states – including Wadley Regional Medical Center at Hope in Hope, Arkansas. In addition, Steward has managed care operations in Arizona, Utah and Massachusetts, and projected revenues of almost $8 billion in 2018, the first full-year of the consolidated company. Steward is now the largest private hospital operator in the U.S. with approximately 37,000 employees, 1,400 employed physicians, and 4,700 integrated network physicians.
“This merger enables Steward to expand our successful, physician-led model that keeps patients healthy and close to home,” said Dr. Ralph de la Torre, Chairman and CEO of Steward Health Care. “We look forward to introducing patients, physicians, and employees in Hope to our high-quality care, innovative programs, and community commitment.”
Steward doctors and staff deliver nationally-recognized hospital care focused on quality and safety, prioritizing preventative health to minimize acute care and lower costs. The company is committed to strengthening the health and well-being of the entire Hope community.
The total number of covered lives within Steward’s integrated care network and insurance products is more than 1.1 million, with paneled lives estimated at 2.5 million.
The 18 hospitals joining Steward Health Care are:
- Mountain Vista Medical Center (Mesa, AZ)
- St. Luke’s Behavioral Health Center (Phoenix, AZ)
- St. Luke’s Medical Center (Phoenix, AZ)
- Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital (Tempe, AZ)
- Wadley Regional Medical Center at Hope (Hope, AR)
- Pikes Peak Regional Hospital (Woodland Park, CO)
- Glenwood Regional Medical Center (West Monroe, LA)
- The Medical Center of Southeast Texas (Port Arthur, TX)
- The Medical Center of Southeast Texas – Victory Campus (Beaumont, TX)
- Odessa Regional Medical Center (Odessa, TX)
- Southwest General Hospital (San Antonio, TX)
- St. Joseph Medical Center (Houston, TX)
- Wadley Regional Medical Center (Texarkana, TX)
- Davis Hospital and Medical Center (Layton, UT)
- Jordan Valley Medical Center (West Jordan, UT)
- Jordan Valley Medical Center – West Valley Campus (West Valley City, UT)
- Mountain Point Medical Center (Lehi, UT)
- Salt Lake Regional Medical Center (Salt Lake City, UT)
Several of the hospitals joining Steward operate in partnership with physician owners.
The IASIS/Steward merger complied with normal regulatory approvals and adherence to closing conditions.
About Steward Health Care
Steward Health Care, the largest private hospital operator in the United States, is a physician-led health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the communities where patients live. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, Steward operates 36 community hospitals nationwide that employ approximately 37,000 people and regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes more than 25 urgent care centers, 42 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, over 7,300 beds under management, and more than 1.1 million covered lives through the company’s managed care and health insurance services.
Steward’s unique health care service delivery model leverages technology, innovation, and care coordination to keep patients healthier. With a culture that prioritizes agility, resourcefulness, and continuous improvement, Steward is recognized as one of the nation’s leading accountable care organizations. The Steward Health Care Network includes thousands of physicians who care for approximately 2 million patients annually. Steward Medical Group, the company’s employed physician group, provides more than 1 million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
Additional information is available at www.steward.org.